We have adapted these rules from the BBC’s House rules for comment moderation.
These house rules are for your safety and to keep the University’s website a healthy environment for discussion.
We welcome your comments, but please don’t post anything offensive or illegal.
Specifically, please don’t post anything that:
- Is inappropriate (abusive, offensive or disruptive)
- Is off topic (to the original content or the current conversation)
- Contains personal information (either your own or someone else’s)
- Puts children at risk
- Is illegal, or glamourises illegal activity
- Is defamatory (damaging to someone else’s reputation)
- Is in contempt of court (anything that could affect the outcome of a court case)
- Infringes anyone’s rights (including privacy rights)
- Is posted for your financial gain (advertising, sponsorship etc.)
- Isn’t in English (unless we’ve asked you to comment in another language)
- Contains spam
- Contains links to content that can’t be seen easily, or may be unsafe (viruses, spyware, paywalls etc)
If a contribution to our website breaks these rules, then it will be removed. This helps us to ensure the website is appropriate for the vast majority of the people who visit.